For the bacon twists you’ll need:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40 grams of grated parmesan cheese
- About 20 slices of bacon (300 grams total)
- Maple syrup for brushing
To assemble the nibbles platter:
1 or 2 cheeses (no blue cheese!)
Macadamia and brazil nuts
Whole pomegranate (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F
- Place the puff pastry on your work area. Brush it with the beaten egg. Spread the parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Dust a rolling pin with a bit of flour. Then roll out the dough a bit so that the cheese gets pressed into the dough.
- Cut the dough into strips about 2cm wide. Fold in half and pinch the ends together to seal them. Then twist each piece. Wrap a slice of bacon on each twist.
- Place the twists on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for 30 minutes on the lowest oven rack.
- Brush the twists with maple syrup and bake for an extra 8 to 10 minutes.
Take them out of the oven and let them rest for a few minutes. In the meantime, assemble your nibbles platter, and enjoy!