Mireille Kaptein (1972) received the prestigious award for successful business women from chairman of the board of Topvrouwen.nl, M. De Gaay Fortman M.L. Mireille Kaptein has headed the Kaptein Groep since 2009. She received the title 'Business Woman of the Year 2019' for her active personnel policyin which the wellbeing and personal growth of employees are key, and also for her inspirational role in networks such as Business Women North Holland and WomenSbizz. Founded in 1936, the Kaptein Groep produces and packages cheese and butter products. Mireille Kaptein is the third generation Kaptein to stand at the helm of the North Holland family business, and focuses her activities strongly on corporate responsibility and continuous development. Under her leadership, the Katein Groep has grown into a national and international business with a solid financial performance. This has earned Mireille Kaptein a place in the diamond category of the TheNextWomen100 list, alongside former Business Women awardees, Aukje Kuypers (2018) and Meiny Prins (2009).
The Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award 2019 jury consists of :
• Mrs A. Jorritsma, Parliamentary Leader of the VVD party in the Senate and Chairperson of the NVP (Dutch private equity and venture capital association)
• Mr J. Vonhof, Chairman of the Royal Association SME-Netherlands
• Mr J. De Boer, Chairman of VNO-NCW (Employers’ federation)
• Mrs C.M. Wortmann-Kool, Chairperson of the Stichting Pensioenfonds ABP (Pension Fund Foundation),
• Mrs A. Kuypers, Business Women of the Year 2018
And advisory jury members:
• Mr W. Kool, Journalist at the Stan Huygens Journal of De Telegraaf
• Mr B. Bron, General Director at Moët Hennessy Netherlands.