Veuve Clicquot has announced today the names of the four finalists shortlisted for the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award 2018, one of which is a team of two. They are:
- Hayley Bonham – Co-Founder, La Porte Group
- Emma Henderson & Victoria Beattie – Co-Founders, The Beach People
- Mikaela Jade – Founder & CEO, Idigital
- Jane Lu – Founder & CEO, Showpo
The Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award is part of a global initiative, and recognises the success and vision of up-and-coming, entrepreneurial business women, specifically those less than 40 years of age. This age group has been selected as it correlates to the formative years of Madame Clicquot’s own tenure of the House. Madame Clicquot was just 27 years of age when she took over Veuve Clicquot, and the winner of the New Generation Award will reflect her values of innovation, audacity and fearlessness, ensuring their creative vision can grow as their business expands.
The winner of the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award will be announced on Tuesday 6 March 2018 at an event in Sydney. She will receive a trophy, a bottle of Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame, and a trip to France, where she will visit the Veuve Clicquot Maison, the Manoir de Verzy and the House’s vineyards in Reims. During her visit, the winner will have a vine baptised in her name, recognising her legacy and lifelong relationship with Veuve Clicquot.
The finalists for the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award 2018 were selected according to the following criteria:
1. Entrepreneurship: The candidate must demonstrate a fearless attitude, and have founded or co-founded a business that has optimised a gap in today’s market to bring an innovative offer and approach to business.
2. Innovation: The candidate must demonstrate the ability to transform a creative vision or innovation into a tangible business model.
3. Corporate Social Responsibility: The candidate must demonstrate a genuine commitment to responsible and sustainable business practices.
The finalists were chosen by the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award expert panel of judges comprising: Sarah-Jane Clarke, Co-Founder and former Director of sass&bide; Mandy Foley, Founder and Managing Director of Stedmans Hospitality; Elizabeth Ann Macgregor OBE, Director of the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia; Louise Olsen, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Dinosaur Designs and Naomi Simson, Founder of RedBalloon.
Liz Ann Macgregor, a previous winner of the Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Award and Chair of judges, commented: "Now in its fourth year, the Veuve Clicquot New Generation Award continues to pay homage to Madame Clicquot’s trailblazing spirit as the first woman to establish herself as a leading female figure in the business world. Our 2018 finalists share her pioneering qualities, defying barriers with audacious flair. Just as Madame Clicquot bravely took over the reins of the House as a young woman, we seek to identify, celebrate and indeed inspire a new generation of business women.”To read more: New Generation Award 2018